albal
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Al

Remote Connection Error

Post by albal »

Hi,

What does the following error mean specifically:

23/09/2010 10:47:34 Warning 0x1718 GUI "Service connection failed Address = \\172.19.94.99\pipe\VeeaMDCS Error = 0x5"

Thanks,
Al
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Remote Connection Error

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Al,

This error means that no connection could be made to Veeam server part from the client one. Could you please tell me if you have all in one installation or you distributed client and server part to different machines?

You may want to look through this thread for the troubleshooting steps that could be made to resolve the issue:
http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... =15#p15681

Thanks!
albal
Novice

Post by albal »

Hi,

I have an XP machine running the Server/Database and then I'm connecting over the network from a Windows 7 Client Machine. All firewalls have been turned off and the Server is a clean machine with no other installation other than XP SP2.

I did read through that thread before posting and didn't seem to glean anything useful for my problem from it.

Thanks,
Al
albal
Novice

Post by albal »

Now I've installed VEEAM Business view and now get the following error in the local monitor.gui.log:

CGUIPipeClient: Unable to init new connection - Couldn't create crypto provider
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Al,

Could you please tell me if you have both machines in the same domain/workgroup? What account do you use to connect to Veeam server part? Does it belong to Veeam Monitoring or Veeam Monitoring Trusted group?

As regards the second error, I haven't met it before...could you tell me what Monitor version are you currently running? I would try rebooting the Monitor server and see if this fixes the issue or not.

Thanks!
albal
Novice

Post by albal »

Hi,

My Veeam Server is not part of the domain. The Win7 Client is part of the domain.

I'm using version 4.5.0.189 - also when I start the client a messagebox is shown that states "Could not connect to the Veeam Monitor Server. Please check "Options" -> "General" -> "Veeam Monitor Server". However when I go there Database Status is Ok.

Thanks,
Al
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Al, you need to add users you want to connect with to Veeam security groups to be able to authorize and authenticate on the Veeam Monitor server part. To achieve this you should either add Veeam Server to the domain and add domain users to corresponding group or use the same local user while establishing the client-server connection.

Besides, why don't you have a look at Veeam Monitor 5 Beta version, which has lots of nice features such as predefined alarms, KB, summary dashboards etc:
http://www.veeam.com/go/monitor-50?ad=home
albal
Novice

Post by albal »

Now with the Beta I get the following error on the Server Machine using the Client:

CGUIPipeClient: Unable to init new connection - Couldn't create crypto provider (Error - -2146893809)

Does the system expect to have SP3 installed on XP?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

I don't think that WinXP SP3 might be causing this issue, I would try to create another local user account and launch Veeam Monitor application from this account, as it seems like there is an issue with some kind of crypto provider for specified user.

Please let me know if that helps.