Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Sarek70
Influencer
Liked: never

First GFS backup

Post by Sarek70 »

I make a incremental backup on weekdays. On Saturday create a full backup and transform the incremental files (vib) to reverse incremental files (vrb). At 12:00:00 AM on Sunday the full backup should be moved to tape. But when i look at the job it is still pending. In the detail screen i see the following message:

Code: Select all

No restore points found for the set date. Synthesized full backup was not created because the most recent restore point is a full backup Backup NfsVol12016-06-18T203035.vbk (6/18/2016 8:30:35 PM)
Question 1Why is the weekly tape job (made in GFS media pool) not moving the full backup to tape? and why is it asking for a Synthesized full backup ?

Question 2 Why can't i schedule the start of the tape job in a GFS pool, it automatically sets the time at 12:00:00am? I want to set it to a later time cause a second backup job is still transforming the vib files to vrb files at that time
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: First GFS backup

Post by Shestakov »

Sarek70 wrote: But when i look at the job it is still pending. In the detail screen i see the following message:
Do you mean backup or tape-backup job?
Sarek70 wrote:Question 2 Why can't i schedule the start of the tape job in a GFS pool, it automatically sets the time at 12:00:00am? I want to set it to a later time cause a second backup job is still transforming the vib files to vrb files at that time
Please refer to a related discussion. Thanks!