Management reporting and documentation
nashwa
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: nashwa

Can't generate performance report.

Post by nashwa »

Hi,

we have just installed Veeam Reporter 4 on SQL 2008 server.and we can generate all reports except performance and base report pack as we got that error " An error has occurred during report processing. Cannot create a connection to data source 'dsoVeeamReporter'.For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"

to understand our infrastructure please read the following.

Our virtual infrastructure is consisted of one Vcenter that manages 8 hosts

Vcenter server details:

Vcenter version: vcenter 4.1

Application installed on it: SQL 2005 service pack 3

We have another server with SQL 2008, we installed on it Veeam reporter 4 ,while setup we select "use existing SQL server instance" in specify database page and select "use existing local SSRS instance" in Reporting services page .

Finally we succeeded in creating all offline reports but when we generate a performance or Base report, we got the following error " An error has occurred during report processing. Cannot create a connection to data source 'dsoVeeamReporter'.
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"

Note: Reporter server is in native mode (default configuration).).
Alexey D.

Re: Can't generate performance report.

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello nashwa,

Please try to open Reporting Services Configuration Manager and ensure that your SSRS 2008 instance is up and running. Then navigate to "Report Manager URL" tab and follow the link to Report Manager Site.

In the Report Manager Site opened please explore "Veeam Reporter" folder contents and try to generate reports manually, that will show if your SSRS is configured properly to run the reports.
nashwa
Novice
Full Name: nashwa

Post by nashwa »

Dear Alexey

Thanks for your quick response ,I'll try and let you know the result
TristanTodd
Novice
Full Name: Tristan Todd

Post by TristanTodd »

I'm in the same spot as Nashwa...

I've gotten to the point where I have confirmed that SRSS is up and running. I've opened the Report Manager site but there is no "Veeam Reporter" folder.

Any ideas on how to proceed? Should I just open a support case?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello, assuming that you don't have any reports in the SSRS, that's right, please open a support ticket to shed some light on the issue, as it seems like something went wrong during the setup process. Thanks!