Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
mscholl
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Michael Scholl

Veeam One Cannot Connect to VBR

Post by mscholl »

Hey all,

Having some issues getting Veeam One Monitor to connect to a set of our VBR's in one of our data centers and I was looking for some possible hints as to why it might be failing.

Our VO instance is located in a small office cluster on a slightly slower internet connection that has connections established to several of our local data center's VBR's without a hitch; however when attempting to access VBR's located in our second data center which is across the country it's having some issues.

Our Office has direct VPN access to all subnets in the sites via a site to site VPN connection. I can ping these machines from the VO Server, as well as establish a WMI connection with the associated service account. RPC via Performance Monitor can establish a connection to these machines but is a little slow to connect. I'm currently using a service account to connect to these servers that is located in the local admin group of the VBR's and the credentials are correct as I have removed and re-added servers with them.

I've opened a support case and unfortunately weren't able to get any solid answers from them.

Is it possible there is a timeout being hit when attempting to add these servers into the Veeam One Monitor Instance? Any other things that can

Thanks all!

Mike
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam One Cannot Connect to VBR

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Michael,

Yes, there could be some connection timeouts involved. Can you please tell me your case ID?

Thanks!
mscholl
Enthusiast

Post by mscholl »

Hey Vitaliy,

My case number is 01848960. Last week we attempted to increase some timeouts that were set, the following list is what we tried:

HistQueryTimeoutSec = 3600 (old value 900)
RTQueryTimeoutSec = 900 (old value 300)
VMWareTaskTimout = 900 (Old Value 300)

Unfortunately this did not work. On a second post someone said that installing the latest versions of the software fixed it for them, however I'm on V9 Update one, (build 9.0.0.2088). I went ahead and reinstalled the update to see if that would assist but to no avail.

I'm currently working on gathering some logs for the case so that it can be escalated.

Thanks!

Mike
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Michael, thanks for the update. Yes, I see that our R&D team is awaiting the debug logs package for further investigation.
mscholl
Enthusiast

Post by mscholl »

Hey Vitaliy,

Do you have any suggestions for me to try while I wait for the R&D team to get back to me? While we have some of our infrastructure added I haven't heard anything since I uploaded the logs and we were hoping to start relying on VeeamOne heavily for infrastructure alarming.

Thanks!

Mike
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Cannot say anything specific without seeing the debug logs, as the reasons for this may vary. You can ask for the update in the Support Portal. I will ping your support engineer as well.
mscholl
Enthusiast

Post by mscholl »

Hey Vitaliy,

So after quite some time in escalation we're currently in R&D with this. The case is progressing but I'm wondering if you have any suggestions to try?

The ability to connect to the VBR's on the machines seems sporadic as I attempt to add them to Veeam One. After performing some steps to connect one of them was finally able to, however when I removed and attempted to re-add it failed with the same errors. Many times over it took before rebooting (could be unrelated) before it finally re-added. The support engineers think it could have something to do with a faulty connection to WMI. To me it still appears that there could be some kind of timeout occurring when attempting to gather data from WMI about the backup server.

Let me know if you can think of anything off the top of your head as we're all fairly stumped on this.

Thanks!

Mike
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Michael,

I have spoken with the engineer and dev team about this issue, and the all believe that most likely Veeam backup WMI is the issue. As I know you will have a WebEx session scheduled for today, after that it should be more clear on what's going on.

Thanks!