Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

vpower nfs store - location

Post by joergr »

Hi,

maybe i am too blinded by all the new features ;-) - so i can´t find this one: Does anybody know where the vpower nfs engine store actually is exactly located on the veeam backup server, let´s say when i use instant recovery? And secondly my question would be how to change the location of this nfs store?

Another one: Is there any possibility to actually CHECK the status of the vpower nfs engine and the storage and maybe even show the esx machines accessing the storage via nfs at this special time?

best regards,
Joerg
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Re: vpower nfs store - location

Post by Gostev »

Hello,

Specifying vPower NFS root folder location is one of few settings you need to specify when setting up Veeam Backup server.
As for monitoring vPower NFS, Veeam Monitor 5.0 (including Free Edition) provides all of the above-mentioned capabilities.

Thanks!
Anton
joergr
Veteran

Post by joergr »

Hi Anton,

thanks. Wow, i can not remember it asked me for a NFS location at all. What is the default location? Can i somehow change it? And if not would a re-install solve this or would i have to deinstall and reinstall everything?

best regards,
Joerg
joergr
Veteran

Post by joergr »

follow-up:

I uninstalled only b+r 5.0 main (not catalog) and reinstalled it, told it should use same old database, was OK for the setup routine. Gave em the new NFS path where is enough storage left. Now: Is that OK the way i did it or do i have to reinstall everything (enterprise manager and search server on the same machine, but HUGE machine, 2 8core Xeons, plenty of superpower, w2008r2).

best regards,
Joerg
joergr
Veteran

Post by joergr »

That did not do the trick. I had to install sql express management studio and manually kill the veeam backup database as it is neither automatically removed nor was i asked if it should be removed during uninstall procedure. now everything seems fine.

Best regards,
Joerg
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

OK, glad you're up and running now. Sorry for a little pause in my replies, I stepped away to do very quick, "express" release celebration with the team ;)
ctchang
Expert
Liked: 1 time

Post by ctchang »

joergr wrote:That did not do the trick. I had to install sql express management studio and manually kill the veeam backup database as it is neither automatically removed nor was i asked if it should be removed during uninstall procedure. now everything seems fine.

Best regards,
Joerg
I once installed the default veeam with mssql 2005 express included, all you need for uninstallation is to go to Control Panel, Program > Uninstall MSSQL 2005, it will remove the Veeam database and allow me to install v5 on my existing MSSQL 2008 instance.
joergr
Veteran

Post by joergr »

@ctchang: Yeah, that is what i usually would have done, BUT let´s say you also installed backup exec 2010 and that use the same sql engine you are much more on the safe side if you remove it by hand ;-)
@anton: don´t apologize! you are one of the most present and active forum mods i have ever seen. you whole veeam guys are very assidous, btw.