Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dseaman
Lurker
Liked: never

Decompression errors with 5.0. No restores work.

Post by dseaman »

On three VMs that I've tried to backup and restore with 5.0, all fail upon restore:

--
Restore job failed (server error: zLib decompression error: [-3] Unable to retrieve next block transmission command. Numer of already processed blocks : [3079].
--

The number of processed blocks varies, depending on the backup. But it happens very early into the restore process. I've performed countless restores with 4.1.x using the same procedures and they never failed. I can't get a single 5.0 backup to restore. These are full VM backups, using "best" compression setting.

Derek
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Decompression errors with 5.0. No restores work.

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Derek, could you please provide our support team with the corresponding log files, as there was no change in the restore engine in v5. On top of that, could you please tell me if you're able to perform a restore with v4 or standalone restore utility right now?
joergr
Veteran
Liked: 39 times
Full Name: Joerg Riether

Post by joergr »

Vitaliy, could you keep us updated on the progress of the research regarding this topic. Are there any news or is the reason of this problem already solved? Best regards, Joerg
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Well, unfortunately OP did not post his support case number, so it would be hard for us to find out the progress... since block number is different every time, I myself suspect some network issues. If it was corrupted backup, then block number on which failure happens would always be the same.