Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
aaron@ARB
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: ARBCorporationPtyLtd

Veeam Console Refresh

Post by aaron@ARB »

Veeam'ers,

Just an observation when dealing with the UI as I do on a daily basis, it doesn't really seem to update itself as well as it perhaps could, like for example when you click around and it will tell you that a job is running when a split second later its saying that its complete.

I don't have any hard and fast examples of this, but surely other people know what I am saying and have seen the same sort of thing?

Not sure what the fix is, probably something around how the UI events are handled and the subsequent listviews etc.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam Console Refresh

Post by foggy »

Could be database-related. Haven't you contacted support to demonstrate this behavior?
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Having an issue with one out of four installed Veeam Backup v9 instances where console isn't refreshing the status of running jobs. Is this a known issue?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

No, contacting support is recommended.
masonit
Service Provider
Liked: 23 times
Full Name: Maso

[MERGED] Veeam 9 console refresh

Post by masonit »

Hi

Just upgraded to Veeam 9 U2 from Veeam 8. My initial feeling is that Veeam 9 feels good with alot of promising features. :)

But something that I have noticed is that the behaivure of the console has changed. Search is alot better now than before. Not searching after every key stroke is alot better than how it was before.
But one thing that is very annoying is that the console does not seem to auto refresh anymore!? When viewing backup progress I have to toogle the view or re-search to update the view. Is this by design or a problem I am seeing?

\Masonit
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Magnus,
Could you contact Veeam support to investigate the behaviour and post the case number once you have it?
Thanks!
aaron@ARB
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: ARBCorporationPtyLtd

Re: [MERGED] Veeam 9 console refresh

Post by aaron@ARB »

masonit wrote:Just upgraded to Veeam 9 U2 from Veeam 8. My initial feeling is that Veeam 9 feels good with alot of promising features. :)

But something that I have noticed is that the behaivure of the console has changed. Search is alot better now than before. Not searching after every key stroke is alot better than how it was before.
But one thing that is very annoying is that the console does not seem to auto refresh anymore!? When viewing backup progress I have to toogle the view or re-search to update the view. Is this by design or a problem I am seeing?
I have the same thing, the console is not responsive for the most part when 'its busy' I often run 10+ jobs and it does take a few seconds (sometimes up to 5+) for it to update it self when clicking from say the backups tab to tape etc
masonit
Service Provider

Post by masonit »

Shestakov wrote:Could you contact Veeam support to investigate the behaviour and post the case number once you have it?
Here you go: 01914753

\Masonit
enoch
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Peter Enoch

Post by enoch »

I've the same issue that Console dosn't refresh, did support fix this for you?
masonit
Service Provider

Post by masonit »

Haven't heard from support yet.

\Masonit
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

The case is still under investigation, so I recommend you opening your own one.
masonit
Service Provider

Post by masonit »

Hi

Will have a remote session with Veeam support this morning.

Support first pointed me to this kb: veeam.com/kb1995
But for us this is not the issue. We have a test Veeam server with version 9 U2. It has never had any scheduled backups and the sessions data should be almost none. But we have the exact same issue on that server.
I have found a way to reproduce the issue everytime.

Example:

If I start VBR console from scratch and go to jobs / backups. Then I disable a job. The job is updated as it should. But if I then search after the same job and then enable the job again. The job is not updated. If I after that remove the text in the search field the job is updated again. But if I try to disable the job again. The view is not updated.

The core issue seems to be the search. Some might think this is a non issue. But when you have 300+ jobs and always work with the search. Then it is a problem..

\Masonit
masonit
Service Provider

Post by masonit » 1 person likes this post

This is confirmed by r&d as a bugg and should be fixed in future release (probably 9.5)

\Masonit
lreese
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Logan Reese

Post by lreese »

I spoke with support about this issue and they pretty much gave me the run around. Looks like there's currently no known fix.