Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
v&rsolutions
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: V&R Soltions

backup copy failure on incrementals case 01843413

Post by v&rsolutions » 1 person likes this post

I am posting here mostly out of frustration due to a lack of response from Veeam support. We have had a ticket open since 7/1/16 about the loss of our ability to rotate drives and have Veeam only copy the incremental changes after update 1 for version 9. We use this in addition to off site replica's to get our data off site. Basically when a disk is rotated the copy always creates a new full even though there is already a full on the disk which causes the copy to fail after running out of space and can take all day to complete after the original full is deleted manually. We have been told this has been escalated to tier 3 and R&D but only continue to receive canned responses about our satisfaction with support. I feel at this point we are only being shined on and that Veeam doesn't have the ability to fix a feature that has been around for many versions.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: backup copy failure on incrementals case 01843413

Post by foggy »

As far as I know, several private fixes were built for similar issues in v9 (including base release), weren't you provided any?
v&rsolutions
Novice

Post by v&rsolutions »

We have been given three separate fixes for a core.dll all of which have not resolved the issue.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Seems you have some different issue then, that should be further investigated. And as far as I can see from the case details, your engineer is working with R&D on it. If you're not satisfied with the level of support provided, please use the 'Talk to a manager' option available on the customer support portal to provide your feedback.
v&rsolutions
Novice

Post by v&rsolutions » 1 person likes this post

Would you be satisfied with a ticket open since July 1 on a product that used to work? I guess I will just wait for my next canned message from Veeam support.
v&rsolutions
Novice

Post by v&rsolutions »

What is the latest status update of this? Is R&D actively working on this case? Are you aware that the case has been open since 7-1-16? I have to say that I have never been this disappointed in a products support team. Veeam has been our go to for backup and DR for years now and always what we recommend to our customers. Now what do I say? "Veeam just works! tm" Unless it doesn't and then you're in trouble because support doesn't care or make an effort? Please escalate this to whoever can make a difference.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Yes, R&D is actively working on this case and the latest status update is that you will be provided with a hotfix for it soon. I appreciate your feedback, but it is better to be addressed directly to a support management the way I've mentioned above.
LukedElwood
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Luke Elwood

Post by LukedElwood »

It would seem that they are only working on closing the case, not on fixing the bug. For the last 5 months we have received an automatic e-mail every few days asking if we were happy with the resolution of the case. To each e-mail we responded that we were not happy as no resolution or response beyond the auto e-mail was received. Each time we were told to ignore the auto-e-mails and they were working on a fix, only to go silent until we again responded that we were not happy with the lack of any resolution. Today we received a survey asking if we were happy with the resolution with the now closed case. You guessed it we are still not happy as the bug still exist and no resolution has been provided.

It is very troubling that after an update broke the functionality rotating copy disk and five months of time with support the only action is to close the case.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Requested the case ID in another thread. Btw, you can always talk directly to a support manager using the corresponding option on the customer support portal to provide this kind of feedback.