Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Unfundednut
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Joe

Loss Protection Disabled

Post by Unfundednut »

We recently had to rebuild our Veeam server and we were able to do a restore of the configuration database. Everthing appears to be working smoothly except one thing. In each job and in the configuration backup section where you have the password for encryption it has an exclamation mark in a shield and states "Loss protection disabled". I can not find anything on this in the documentation, any ideas? Each job does state it is encrypted in the log....

veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Loss Protection Disabled

Post by veremin »

Unfundednut
Novice

Post by Unfundednut »

We do not use Enterprise Manager and haven't used it before.....
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Enterprise Manager can work with any paid VB&R edition. However, many of its fancy capabilities, including password loss protection, are provided only to owners of Enterprise or Enterprise Plus licenses. Thanks.
Unfundednut
Novice

Post by Unfundednut »

I understand. We have Entperprise Plus, but have never used Enterprise Manager and prior to this we had the checkmark, now we have this message. I have opened a support ticket #01952497.
vClintWyckoff
Veteran
Liked: 109 times
Full Name: Clint Wyckoff

Post by vClintWyckoff »

Joe-
I see your case and as the support engineer notes, the loss protection is a feature of Enterprise Manager. So the yellow bang you're seeing is notifying you that you are in fact not using that functionality. So I am curious, when you did the config DB recovery what was the version of Veeam you had installed before or maybe you just never noticed it before?
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

We have Entperprise Plus, but have never used Enterprise Manager and prior to this we had the checkmark, now we have this message.
As pointed out, you could only have "loss protection enabled" message, if EM was installed and the corresponding option was configured in its settings.

There is no need to open a ticket with our support team, since nothing unexpected is happening in your environment. It's nothing but an informational message that illustrates whether the given option is enabled or not.

Thanks.
MerlIT
Novice
Full Name: Andrew Sims

Post by MerlIT »

Arrived at this thread when I noted the same "Loss Protection Disabled" on 9.5.0.1922. We do not have Enterprise Manager installed, but have an Enterprise licence. I assume that the loss protection messages appears if the licence is Enterprise level and is not dependent on EM install.

Andy
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

A small clarification - you can also get this warning if the backup server with appropriate license is not registered within EM, indeed. Thanks!
sosborne
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Simon Osborne

Post by sosborne »

I know this originally started some time back but I am currently on 9.5 update 4b Enterprise version, and we have never used EM. And I don't know why but it has only been today that I have noticed this which is what led me to this thread. Odd.