Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
antivir
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew

SureBackup testing

Post by antivir »

I create Application Group and Virtual Lab with 2 VMs. I start job and see all status are pending and State is 0% complete. What is the next?

P.S. Error while powering on appliance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: SureBackup testing

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hell Andrew,

Could you please tell what is the exact error message you see while powering the appliance? I would suggest contacting our support team for quicker assistance on this technical issue.
NightBird
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Post by NightBird »

Same problem here.

I open a case : ID#535273

Veeam Backup 64bits on Windows 2008R2 it fails (try on physical and virtual server) => disabling UAC etc... no way
Veeam Backup 32bits on Windows 2003 it run flawless

I will try later on Windows 2008R2 VM but with Veeam Backup 32bits
antivir
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Andrew

Post by antivir »

I started SureBackup.
It's interesting to see network settings on proxy. What is the password for root? And what is the OS?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

I believe the root password is set dynamically each time, but I need to double-check with the corresponding developer. The OS is custom built, based on Linux kernel. Building from ground up is the only option when you want appliance to be just a few MB in size, and start under 10 sec. :wink:

By the way, to update on the issue mentioned above (quote from the other thread):
NightBird wrote:We found the problem, Veeam Backup services are launch with a service account.
After network packet capture we found that we have query through our proxy server.
We found that the Veeam service account use automaticaly proxy detection parameters configured in Internet Explorer !!
After changing this setting to no proxy, surebackup works fine.