Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
neilmurphy65
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Neil Murphy

Instant Restore from snapshot stuck on "copying VM state"

Post by neilmurphy65 »

Hi All,

I'm doing some testing for my blog http://univirt.wordpress.com and I've got stuck on weird problem. I've been looking at SAN integration and successfully set up a HPE StoreVirtual VSA and got Veeam to backup a VM using the Direct Storage Access method and also set up a snapshot schedule. Then I deleted the VM to test various restore scenarios I successfully restored the VM from a snapshot using Veeam. So far so good. The final phase was to complete the restore by going to the Instant Restore job and choosing the Migrate to production option.

In the wizard I chose the option to Force Veeam quick migration. Although it was slow eventually the data copy ended. However the job is now stuck on "copying VM state" and won't complete.

Has anyone got any ideas about what may be going wrong?

Thanks,
Neil.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Instant Restore from snapshot stuck on "copying VM state

Post by foggy »

Hi Neil, to avoid wild guesses, I'd recommend letting support look at the Quick Migration logs. After copying the VM data to the target destination, Veeam B&R needs to sync the VM state by copying changes occurred during migration and this seems to be the stage it is stuck at.
neilmurphy65
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Neil Murphy

Re: Instant Restore from snapshot stuck on "copying VM state

Post by neilmurphy65 »

Hi foggy. Thanks - I'll do that.