Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ivordillen
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Ivor Dillen

windows repository hangs at reboot

Post by ivordillen »

Hello,
I have an issue with a windows repository that after reboot hangs. Safe mode works.
A while ago I read an post or blog somewhere that the 'massive' presenting and removing of luns (repository-functionality) could cause problems because the logs or temp files are not cleaned up.
Does anybody know the cause/solution?
thx
Ivor
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: windows repository hangs at reboot

Post by foggy »

Hi Ivor, first of all, seems you're confusing proxy with repository as repository server doesn't mount any LUNs. Then, I'd suggest to troubleshoot the freeze, since it may be caused by tons of reasons, and start with checking Windows Event Log. If you feel the behavior is caused by Veeam B&R, feel free to contact technical support with that. Thanks.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

At what part does it hang during normal reboot? If that happens immediately after logon then try to set veeam service to delayed start.
ivordillen
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Ivor Dillen

Post by ivordillen »

Indeed I made a typo in my first post but the proxy and repository in my environment are on one and the same physical machine so there is no confusion about that.

I understand the questions you have but the problem is the entire system freezes at one point (when you wait it is at the logon screen or when you quickly login it is after a few minutes) and there are no errors in the event logs. Disabling only the veeam services is NO solution.

A few months ago I came across a blog/post somewhere that stated that the presenting and unpresenting of the luns on the proxy sometimes causes an issue like this and that is because the stays something behind in cache or so.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Support will be able to verify whether this is the case.