Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
NovoSean
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sean Micklefield

Veeam 8 Replication with SCVMM 2012 R2

Post by NovoSean »

Hi all,

I am in the process of testing Veeam 8 Replication for our Hyper-V 2012 R2 Cluster Built using SCVMM 2012 R2.

Networking for Hyper-V uses a Logical Switch to converge the network fabric for Management, CSV, LiveMigration and VM networks, then we isolate the networks using logical networks with Vlans and QOS is set on the VM network adapter on each VM using VMM E.g: low, medium, High etc.

The issue I am having is that when I select "Separate virtual network (enable network mapping)" this only gives me very simple changes to the Source and Target network and enables a standard Switch in the VM rather than the Logical Switch, Connect to VM network, Enable VLAN and Logical switch Classification. E.G low,Medium,High.

I have tried to get around this by removing the checkbox from "Separate virtual network (enable network mapping)" and then sxripting updating the Replica networks which works fine in a planned failover, but when we do Failover now the VM seems to remove the network changes.

Does anyone know a way around this issue, or if there is a way to specify the Logical switch settings on the replica VM during the creation of the VM?

Cheers

Sean
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Veeam 8 Replication with SCVMM 2012 R2

Post by foggy »

Sean, currently there's no ability to set this within replication jobs. You can stick to creating failover plans with post-failover scripting for each individual VM, would do the same as Failover Now command plus execute network update script.
stephen.cilesio
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Stephen Cilesio

Post by stephen.cilesio »

Hi Guys I'm having the same issue as mentioned by Sean. Was just wondering if you created the post-failover script and if it worked?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Judging on the Sean's post, it worked fine for him:
NovoSean wrote:I have tried to get around this by removing the checkbox from "Separate virtual network (enable network mapping)" and then sxripting updating the Replica networks which works fine in a planned failover
jonhsykes
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: JS

Post by jonhsykes »

Did you ever find a solution for this?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

We do not have a case ID to check. Have you tried the workaround mentioned in the original post?