Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
hgrams
Service Provider
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Harald Grams

Feature request: Exclude NetApp LUNs or LUN types for scan

Post by hgrams »

We recently had a problem with NetApp integration. Veeam has suddenly started on a NetApp Mirror cluster to create and delete iSCSI LUN snapshots during automatically scan process. This confused the whole mirroring. There was the following support ticket (Case # 01980461). In that environment, Veeam should only work with the NFS volumes. The support told me in Veeam is currently no way to exclude LUNs or LUN types when scanning a NetApp storage.
It would be helpful in certain environments if this would be possible in the future.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Feature request: Exclude NetApp LUNs or LUN types for sc

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

I probably am mistaken and misunderstand your question / requirement but can you have a look at this help article: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

But as I said, I probably misunderstand the question and it does not talk about LUNs but about volumes. But maybe it can help your case...

Thanks
Mike
hgrams
Service Provider
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Harald Grams

Re: Feature request: Exclude NetApp LUNs or LUN types for sc

Post by hgrams »

Hi Mike, Thanks for your suggestion. I think with that settings it should work. I wonder why the support has advised me to create a feature reqest. You can close this request. Best Regards Harald