Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
prabhash.jena
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Prabhash Kumar Jena

Backup doesn't show up on main console

Post by prabhash.jena »

Hi,

I renamed all my backup jobs and removed all backups from configuration, thereafter I re-scanned my repositories and aligned all Imported Backups to their respective jobs. During this process the Management server hanged so I restarted it. Upon restart I reconfigured all my jobs again. I can see all backups except for one on the main console. To make it visible I even manually imported it, but it failed to show up on main console. I have ScaleOut repository so I moved all .vbk & .vin files to one repository and did re-scan and imported it again but it still doesn't show up. I get the message "Backup already exists".

I checked the job settings and under storage where you get the option to map the job I could see it there. Pretty strange. Appears my backup configuration database has become corrupt. Would it be a nice idea to restore the database to fix it? Please advice.

Regards
Prabhash
Support ID - 00233900
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup doesn't show up on main console

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Prabhash, please let support to review the database and advise on whether it's better to restore the DB or just fix something inside manually.
prabhash.jena
Enthusiast

Post by prabhash.jena »

Support case number 02006339
prabhash.jena
Enthusiast

Post by prabhash.jena »

Hi,

In order to import the backup set from SOBR, do I need to move all .vbk & .vib files to a separate repository? Or can I keep all files on 1 extent and than import?

\Prabhash
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You can import backup(s) residing on one extent without any issues. However, I think the problem you've come across has nothing to do with import procedure, but with stuck db entry instead. So, let's wait till support engineer review collected logs and assist you with db correction, if needed. Thanks.
prabhash.jena
Enthusiast

Post by prabhash.jena »

I was provided with 1 SQL query to get the job to work again but we couldn't get the import to work. I don't know what made the db to behave like it.

\Prabhash
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Then, it stands to reason to re-open or continue existing support ticket, since the problem has been resolved only partially. Thanks.