Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
aspen432
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Max Speyer

SQL Databases Being Excluded from Backup

Post by aspen432 »

We've started to backup our SQL Server (2012) with Veeam using the application-aware processing options but are noticing that for whatever reason it is excluding all but two out of the 20 databases that live on that server and we have no idea why. I've read though the documentation and understand that are basically five reasons for a database to be excluded from the backup...

1. Database status is offline (not the case).
2. Database is set to read-only (not the the case).
3. Database recovery model is set to Simple (ours are set to Full)
4. Database was deleted after the latest full backup (nope)
5. Registry has been modified to exclude certain databases (we haven't changed the registry at all)

I've done a stare-and-compare between the two databases that aren't being excluded and the rest that are and nothing is jumping out at me as being different so I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any chance someone else is the community has seen a similar problem and might be able to suggest something else that might be causing these DB's to be excluded from the backup? Any help is much appreciated.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SQL Databases Being Excluded from Backup

Post by foggy »

Hi Max, the most effective way to determine that would be contacting our technical team, they will be able to review job logs that will tell the exact reason of why DB's are excluded.
aspen432
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Max Speyer

Re: SQL Databases Being Excluded from Backup

Post by aspen432 »

Will do. Thanks for the reply.