Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
D2RJ2
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jean-Jacques Lethiers

Self-Service Portal customization

Post by D2RJ2 » 1 person likes this post

Hi guys,
First of all, thanks for the great work done with this new release.

I have 2 questions regarding the self-service portal proposed to vCD tenants with Enterprise Plus edition.

1/ Is there a way to disable or hide stuffs like "Files" and "Items" tabs?
2/ We would like to provide file level and item level self-service restore capabilities to our customer but I cannot think of a secured design to establish network connectivity between our backup components and tenant VMs. How do you guys achieve such miracle?

Thanks & Regards,
JJ
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1932 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Re: Self-Service Portal customization

Post by dellock6 »

Hi Jean,
network connectivity is a huge issue indeed when designing around vcloud director networking, that's why I found a way already for some service providers I follow to hide the Items tab. I'm not willing to post it here as it requires some unsupported activity, but I'll be happy to share via mail (luca at veeam domain name). I honestly see the reason to hide the items tab, but not the files tab, as this one can be used either for in-place restores (for windows) or just download and re-upload (for linux).

PS: you may want to post these questions in our dedicated service provider sub-forum, you can apply to it via the user management, if you haven't done already.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1