Self-Service Portal customization

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Self-Service Portal customization

Veeam Logoby D2RJ2 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:23 am 1 person likes this post

Hi guys,
First of all, thanks for the great work done with this new release.

I have 2 questions regarding the self-service portal proposed to vCD tenants with Enterprise Plus edition.

1/ Is there a way to disable or hide stuffs like "Files" and "Items" tabs?
2/ We would like to provide file level and item level self-service restore capabilities to our customer but I cannot think of a secured design to establish network connectivity between our backup components and tenant VMs. How do you guys achieve such miracle?

Thanks & Regards,
JJ
D2RJ2
Novice

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Jean-Jacques Lethiers

Re: Self-Service Portal customization

Veeam Logoby dellock6 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:07 pm

Hi Jean,
network connectivity is a huge issue indeed when designing around vcloud director networking, that's why I found a way already for some service providers I follow to hide the Items tab. I'm not willing to post it here as it requires some unsupported activity, but I'll be happy to share via mail (luca at veeam domain name). I honestly see the reason to hide the items tab, but not the files tab, as this one can be used either for in-place restores (for windows) or just download and re-upload (for linux).

PS: you may want to post these questions in our dedicated service provider sub-forum, you can apply to it via the user management, if you haven't done already.
Luca Dell'Oca
EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
http://www.virtualtothecore.com
vExpert 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016
Veeam VMCE #1
dellock6
Veeam Software

Liked: 1381 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication