Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mmonroe
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Monroe

Testing 9.5 - Login/Connect Issue

Post by mmonroe »

I wanted to test and tinker with 9.5. My plan is to test and compare it to our production server prior to actually loading it into production. We do this with all of the Veeam updates and patched.

I built a clean/fresh VM of Win2016 Server and fully patched it. I then installed 9.5 with base defaults. The machine is not on the domain and is basically just a stand-alone server. I am logged in as the local Administrator account and this is the account that I used to install 9.5.

When I try to launch Backup&Recovery, I get an error:

"Failed to connect - No connection made because the target machine actively refused it".

Service is running. Machine was rebooted. This is as basic and plain as it gets.

Ideas?
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: Testing 9.5 - Login/Connect Issue

Post by jmmarton »

Any chance the Windows firewall is blocking it? Since it's not in a domain, the domain firewall policy won't apply.

Joe
mmonroe
Enthusiast

Post by mmonroe »

I had already completely turned off the firewall. I am also launching B&R from the console of the test VM.
blithespirit
Veeam Software
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Paul Szelsi

Post by blithespirit »

Have you checked the logs in both windows and Veeam to see a more specific explanation or error code?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Post by Gostev »

Honestly, with these sort of problems we can easily waste days of everyone's time guessing over the forum posts - why not just have our support review the server logs? So much easier and more efficient.

But since everyone is throwing something in, I can resist doing the same either - did you try to RDP to the server and use locally installed B&R console to see if that works?
mmonroe
Enthusiast

Post by mmonroe »

I am just going to delete the test Win2016 server VM and will revisit testing 9.5 when I have a bit more time. I figured it would be a simple issue since the server was pure/fresh from an OS load and basically the only thing loaded was B&R. I have loaded B&R many, many dozens of times over the past since purchasing the product back in 2010. /mm
blithespirit
Veeam Software
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Paul Szelsi

Post by blithespirit »

Is there a reason you cannot join the VBR test server to the domain?
staylor1972
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Steve taylor

Post by staylor1972 »

I'm having the same issues except I've installed mine on a physical box.

I've logged a case with support but whilst I'm waiting wondered if you found a solution?
FragglePete
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Pete Williams

Post by FragglePete »

Did you get a solution for this? I'm experiencing exact same issue; new build of a server, new install of 9.5 but can't connect. I'm trying a another re-build of the server in case something went wrong on the first build. Tried v9 out as a trial and loved it, ordered 9.5 when it came available but now can't get it working as of yet. New customer.

Thanks

Pete
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Pete, as mentioned, the most effective way of addressing this would be contacting technical support directly. Thanks.
FragglePete
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Pete Williams

Post by FragglePete » 1 person likes this post

Think I sussed it - school boy error.

On the Setup Screen, I was selecting the options on the Right (ie. Veeam BackUp Enterprise Manager, Console), rather than the big green button on the Left that does the Veeam Backup & Replication install! Just didn't really make it clear to myself that that was the main setup application!

Pete