Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Crossbar
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Veeam Endpoint Backup won't start

Post by Crossbar »

Hi, we use Veeam Endpoint Backup on several computers here, but I'm having problems with one of them.

On this computer, the Veeam Endpoint Backup service is running but I'm unable to bring up the actual program. If click on the shortcut in the start menu nothing happens. The program doesn't come up nor do I get any error messages. The Veeam icon is not in the system tray. Backups stopped working right around the time I noticed the issue with starting the program. Veeam had been working for several months without issue before it stopped.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Veeam Endpoint and that did not help. I also tried resetting the Veeam database as described here without any luck - https://tinkertry.com/veeam-endpoint-ba ... base-reset.

I tried opening a ticket with Veeam but ran into two issues. One, you need to open a ticket from within Veeam Endpoint and I can't get the program to open. And two, I tried opening a ticket from a different computer with a working Veeam Endpoint but it told me my email address was not registered even after I clicked on the link in the registration email.

Anyone have any ideas how to get Veeam working on my problem computer?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Veeam Endpoint Backup won't start

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

When you register, and then click on the registration link, it can take some time before everything gets synchronized. Can you try again from another computer in a few hours? If that doesn't work, let us know and we will work from there

Thanks

Mike
Crossbar
Novice

Post by Crossbar »

Mike, I checked again and was able to open a ticket. Thanks for the help.
Crossbar
Novice

Post by Crossbar » 1 person likes this post

In case someone finds this thread via a search someday in the future, Veeam support was able to get me fixed up. Turns out WMI was borked on the machine in question. Followed this guide to get it sorted out - https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ask ... wmi-class/

Veeam Endpoint is running again and the machine is currently backing up.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Crossbar,

Thanks a lot for updating this thread and confirming the resolution.
Goeppel
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Erich Göppel

Post by Goeppel »

We have the same issue on two PC: the VEB systray Application is no longer showing up.
If i try to start it with the startmenu link it shortly shows up in Processexplorer but then it crashes and is gone without a visual errormessage
Is there a chance to get a support ticket other then to use the application itself as this is not usable?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Goeppel,

You can open a support case from any other endpoint. If that’s not working for you - send me your email address via PM and I'll ask support team to get in touch with you.
Goeppel
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Erich Göppel

Post by Goeppel »

Veeam support was able to fix our UI Problem, it was a problem with a damaged installation of ".net 4.5.2"
after a repair install of ".net 4.5.2" the problem was solved.