Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 388 times

9.5U1

Post by mkretzer »

Hello,

we plan to migrate our biggest backup repo (~170 TB) to a REFS storage.

Is there any reason to wait for Update 1 for this operation? It will take a week to do all the active fulls to a temporal storage and another to get back to the original storage so it would be bad if there is a big bug with the REFS implementation.

Markus
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: 9.5U1

Post by foggy »

Hi Markus, I'm not aware of any Veeam B&R v9.5+ReFS integration issues reported so far, so I'd say starting migration right now is pretty safe. Just be sure to review this thread for some migration related tips. Thanks.
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 388 times

Post by mkretzer »

One slightly related question: If i copy the backup files and map after the next synthetic or active full the REFS benefits should work correct? Is that a valid way to prevent having to re-seed all our copy jobs (so that they still continue to work incrementally)?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

mkretzer wrote:One slightly related question: If i copy the backup files and map after the next synthetic or active full the REFS benefits should work correct?
Correct.
mkretzer wrote:Is that a valid way to prevent having to re-seed all our copy jobs (so that they still continue to work incrementally)?
Backup copy jobs should continue incrementally.