Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rho
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ronni Holst

Scale-Out Repository - Alternative

Post by rho »

Hi all,

I am planning a new veeam setup for the company, and I have looked into the Scale-Out Repository solution. But the problem is that I only having Enterprise license. :shock:
So I just want to ask out there, can I create unlimit Scale-Out Repository groups - with ONLY 3 extends each? (example, 5 x Scale-Out Repository, with 2 extends/servers in each group).
Or is the "3" limit overall for everything?

And last, is there anybody out there that have found another alternative solution? Linux/Windows - whatever?
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Scale-Out Repository - Alternative

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Ronni and welcome to the community!
Scale-out repository is a group of repositories itself, so 3 is the max number of extents for Enterprise license. It would not make sense to have the 3 extents restrictions if it was possible to group SOBRs.
You can find related information in this topic.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Ronni, with Enterprise Edition you can create a single 1 scale-out backup repository with 3 extents max, while with Enterprise Plus you're not limited both in terms of repositories or extents. As an alternative, you can consider using spanned volumes or Storage Spaces.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Starting from version 9.5 with Enterprise license you can have 1 Scale-Out Repository with up to 4 extents. However, in every given moment one extent has to stay in maintenance mode. Thanks.