Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ertuu85
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: amiller

Host readded as old name

Post by ertuu85 »

I removed the license from a host that I recently rebuilt from veeam and readded it.

After readding the host (by initiating a vm backup) it added it to the license file as an old name...it also shows it this way when I go from backup infrastrucutre>vsphere>vcenter

I did add a host profile to the host that was older, but it's dns name is correct and dns is correct...any ideas?

Edit: Doing a get-vbrserver shows both the old name (correct name) and the new name (technically a much older server name) in it, if that helps.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Host readded as old name

Post by Shestakov »

Hello amiller,
Did you use FQDN names?
You may contact Veeam support team for the assistance with the SQL which mismatched the names.
Thanks!
ertuu85
Novice

Post by ertuu85 »

Yeah, the server is loaded in as veryoldname.domain which isnt in our DNS and doesnt resolve from the Veeam server/vcenter server or in the ESXi host file...just not sure where the heck it's getting it!

I can still back up vm's on the host even though it's an old name...how does veeam grab the names of the hosts? I would assume it communicates through vcenter.

I have not contacted veeam support yet.
ertuu85
Novice

Post by ertuu85 »

So I had restored a vm from backup, renamed it vmname-backup, and the vm job was tied to that vmname-backup job...I reconfigured the job to point to the restored VM and it gave me the 'not enough licenses' error again, removed the oldhostname.domain and restarted the job, it put the correct host back in and is backing up the job....must be a weird bug or something
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Yeah, it looks like a bug. I would suggest to contact Veeam support and provide your case number here for us to follow the investigation.
Thanks!