Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kjstech
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Keith S

forum issue

Post by kjstech »

Every time I write a reply I first log in and go to the post and write an entire reply, but once I submit it it takes me back to the login screen. I hit back but it takes me back before I entered the reply and there's no text. Back isn't working (at least in Chrome). When I click forward it takes me back to the login screen. I log in a second time and then I'm back at the message composition screen but none of my text is there anymore.

Is this a forum issue or a Google Chrome issue? Moral of the story is select all and copy the post to the clipboard, then when you log in that second time paste it and submit it again.

I've lost many posts due to this and just gave up or not posted because I didn't have the time or feel like typing the whole thing out again.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: forum issue

Post by Shestakov »

Keith,
I`m using Google Chrome as well and have no such issues.
Have you tried the behavior on another browser? By the way, do you have "Log me on automatically each visit" option enabled?
Thanks!
kjstech
Expert

Post by kjstech »

I had this tab open from this morning and I went to reply and it took me to a login screen. I suppose that would be normal as my original post was 2 hours ago (timeout). I noticed that the check was NOT marked in "Log me on automatically each visit". I put the check mark in there. In the upper right corner it shows I am logged in now so I will reply here under quick reply.

I also use LastPass to autofill my credentials, if that matters at all.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

So maybe the reason was the mentioned timeout and lack of auto-login. Do you have the problem only if you have a long time-out between you click Post Reply (Quick Reply) and Submit?
Let`s check if the forum works fine with "Log me on automatically each visit" enabled.
kjstech
Expert

Post by kjstech »

I can type up a reply in 10 minutes and it seems i'm timed out already.

Now that I have the log me on automatically checked, I'll see if things improve.
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Post by larry »

Found if I start a reply, phone rings then click submit after the delay I get an error. I always cut and paste now.
kjstech
Expert

Post by kjstech »

I've kept this tab open since I posed at 11:01 am EST and 17 minutes later I refreshed, saw your post and replied. I was not taken back to a login screen. Perhaps the Log Me on automatically was the trick. There is another forum I am on in another window and its the same software (cacti forums). I wasn't sure if they were conflicting since its both phpBB and maybe they used the same cookie variable.
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Post by DaveWatkins » 2 people like this post

Also never seen this, maybe corrupt cookies?