Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
BBush
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Berkeley

Setup Help, please

Post by BBush »

Hello. I'm a new user and new to Veeam. I just started setting things up last week. We are on version 9.5 with the latest update applied.
My trouble is with setting up the tape drive. We are using a Quantum Scalar i40 with the latest driver for Windows Server 2012 R2. The tape drive is physically connected to the server by SCSI.

I am getting the following Warning when I try to import the tapes:

Code: Select all

"No tapes found for import in I/E ports".
However, it has found all 20 tapes and their slots. I was even able to assign tapes to a Media Pool that I created.

When I try to inventory the tapes I get the following error/fail message for each tape:

Code: Select all

"2/6/2017 8:16:58 AM Error    Failed to inventory tape 000100 Error: Library QUANTUM Scalar i40-i80 180G does not contain any enabled tape drives"
Please help! What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do to copy my backups to tape? Thank you in advance for all help.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Setup Help, please

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Berkeley,
We are using a Quantum Scalar i40 with the latest driver for Windows Server 2012 R2
Do you have a Use native SCSI commands instead of Windows driver option enabled? Try to disable it if you have vendor drivers installed.
BBush
Novice

Post by BBush »

Hi Dima,

Thanks for the tip. I've tried it with and without that option enabled. I still get the same errors.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

What drivers you have listed under computer management? Can you share a screenshot please.
BBush
Novice

Post by BBush » 1 person likes this post

It was the tape driver being installed incorrectly. I got with the vendor and they helped me install them correctly.

Thanks for the help!
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Berkeley,

Glad to hear that this issue was resolved!