Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
nestorius
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: reha gunduz

Remove Veeam to Another Host

Post by nestorius »

Hi,

I have installed veeam 7 on my host (on virtual machine). I want to totally remove this veeam to another host. Is this possible with same license. Thanks...
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Remove Veeam to Another Host

Post by Mike Resseler »

Reha,

It is possible. You can keep all of your settings and jobs also (but some might need to be reconfigured depending on what you use as a repository today)

See here for the information specifically for version 7: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/ ... index.html

Cheers
Mike
nestorius
Influencer

Post by nestorius »

Hi;

When I uninstall veeam and reinstall this on my new host and restore from "configuration backup" of my old veeam, is this work and when I indicate my license that I have, to new installed veeam, is there a problem ?

In additional question : I want to install veeam 7 on physical Windows 7 SP1 x64 machine. Am I encounter any resrictions and limitations on operate veeam.

Thanks...
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

When I uninstall veeam and reinstall this on my new host and restore from "configuration backup" of my old veeam, is this work and when I indicate my license that I have, to new installed veeam, is there a problem ?
You shouldn't encounter any issues with restoring server configuration or re-installing valid license.
Am I encounter any resrictions and limitations on operate veeam.
No.
I want to install veeam 7
May I ask you - Is there any reason to run a product version that is not supported any longer?
nestorius
Influencer

Post by nestorius »

May I ask you - Is there any reason to run a product version that is not supported any longer?
Sure. I have licensed Veeam 7 already and its alright for now.

Thanks for valuable informations.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Got it, I'd still suggest updating to the latest product version. It's been almost 3.5 years since the 7.0 was released, you could expect a lot of issues having been fixed and number of major enhancements having been introduced since that moment. Thanks,