Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
marius roma
Veteran
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Mario

Editing replica job

Post by marius roma »

Everytime I try to edit a replica job I have to wait a long time as it looks to make checks with the target site.
Given I need to change only some simple information (let's say, the start time of my replica job) is there any way to avoid unnecessary checks and simply edit the job in a time similar to the time required to edit a backup job?
Regards
marius
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Editing replica job

Post by DGrinev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Mario,

Please describe your current infrastructure configuration.
Where is replication job metadata located and do you have backup proxy on the target side?

Thanks!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Veeam B&R needs to request target inventory service prior to saving settings, so depending on its responsiveness, it might take some time.
marius roma
Veteran
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Mario

Post by marius roma »

The problem occurs in an environment with 2 VMware vSphere infrasrtuctores, let's say site A and site B.
Site A is about 100 miles far from site B.
A Veeam server in site A replicates VMs to site B.
Either in site A and in site B there are other proxyies.
I presume that replica metadata are located on site A, but how can I check?
I connect to the Veeam console on the Veeam server in site A.
When I try to edit a replica job it takes a long time, like if the Veeam server connects to the proxyies in site B (does it make sense?).
If I create or edit a job (let's say, I add a VM) it makes sense to wait to verify the satus on site B.
How can I avoid waiting if the change I want to apply does not involve site B, let's say because I simply want to change the start time of the replica job?
If I need to change several jobs it's really frustrating...
how can I solve this problem and save time?
Regards
Marius
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

marius roma wrote:I presume that replica metadata are located on site A, but how can I check?
You can open the job settings and check what repository is selected to store replica metadata.
marius roma wrote:How can I avoid waiting if the change I want to apply does not involve site B, let's say because I simply want to change the start time of the replica job?
This is not possible. Currently, target virtual environment (site B vCenter server) is always requested during saving job settings, regardless of the change you make.