Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
TODD_BB
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Todd Lillecrapp

Multiple backup job and email notification feature request

Post by TODD_BB »

Hi Team,

I have been doing some testing with Veeam Agent for Windows and so far it is performing well. I had Case # 02065524 and Case # 02065491 opened for questioning some missing features.

1) The feature to have more than one notification email address for a backup job. As we are an IT support company for a lot of smaller businesses, the ability to send a notification to their email address and our monitoring email address if a backup job fails would allow for better support in the event of an issue.

2) The feature to configure more than one backup job. As Veeam Backup and Replication does not have the ability to backup a physical machine, the feature in Veeam Agent to backup a physical computer to a local repository and a cloud repository would allow for local and offsite backups .

Thanks in advance.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Multiple backup job and email notification feature reque

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Todd,

1. You can try to use distribution lists as a workaround. Thanks for the FR anyway!
2. Since you have Veeam B&R, then you can point your VAW backup job to the backup repository and then configure backup copy job to send VAW backups to the offsite location.

Thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

#2 With VAW 2.0 and it's API you can keep two config files and swap them when required. A cmd workaround that allows you to have two or more backup jobs
TODD_BB
Lurker
Full Name: Todd Lillecrapp

Post by TODD_BB »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Todd,

1. You can try to use distribution lists as a workaround. Thanks for the FR anyway!
2. Since you have Veeam B&R, then you can point your VAW backup job to the backup repository and then configure backup copy job to send VAW backups to the offsite location.

Thanks!

This option does not work for a site that does not use Distribution lists. For a smaller site that is only using a few computers, they should have the ability to email multiple addresses directly from VAW. Is there any reason why a comma separated email address field is not possible for VAW?

This is fine if you do have B&R at a site, but I am talking about a site where there is no B&R available, only VAW. We would like to have the ability through VAW to have one backup job to write to a NAS on site and another backup job to send to a Cloud Connect repository. This is also for a Physical computer, which B&R currently does not support. Are there plans for B&R to support the backup of physical machines if VAW will not have the functionality for multiple backup jobs?
Andrew_BB
Lurker
Full Name: Andrew Ridley

Post by Andrew_BB »

Hi,

I have to agree with Todd on this one.
Veeam are big believers in the 3-2-1 rule.
https://www.veeam.com/blog/how-to-follo ... ation.html
How can we do this if VAW will not allow 2 separate backups?
We need to implement another 3rd party solution to make sure that they can have local backups, as well as offsite backups.
Really need this added as a feature, as it is stopping me from selling it to clients.

Thanks,

Andrew
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Currently the only way to achieve that is to use backup copy jobs in Veeam B&R, but thanks for your FR. This makes total sense.
Andrew_BB
Lurker
Full Name: Andrew Ridley

Post by Andrew_BB »

Hi,

Another thing I believe we need in VAW is the ability to set a schedule window for multiple backups in a single day.
Most of our ShadowProtect customers, that we are trying to migrate, are used to having their systems backed up every hours during their operating hours.

From what I can see in VAW, we only have the option to backup once a day.

Thanks,

Andrew
SBarrett847
Service Provider
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Stephen Barrett

Post by SBarrett847 » 1 person likes this post

It should be pointed out that Veeam B+R FREE will do on site without Full B+R. Once the Agent licence File is put in Veeam B+R FREE it unlocks the Abilty to run Backup Copy Jobs on the Agents backup. Basically you alsmost get full B+R without the ability to backup VMs, which for a physical host doesn't matter.

This was quite a surprise to me.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

We specifically designed VBR console ‘agent only’ mode to let you run agents on sites where VM backup is not required. Moreover you can add cloud connect repo to VBR FREE with agent license use backup copy to your cloud connect infrastructure in case you want to keep a local backup (last might not work in beta since 9.5 U2 is required)
LDS
Lurker

Post by LDS »

I agree with the request to allow for multiple backup jobs. I'd like them because I have more than one volume on my system. One is dedicated to store images I take (that's my hobby). Other data are stored on another volume. I'd like to be able to backup/recover images separately from other data. Images changes more often, while other data change slower. Also, I would like to be able to have a longer retention time for other data (which may include personal health and financial documents), which are anyway a limited total size, than images which are a far bigger size. They may also be backed up with different schedules and to different external disks (because of sensitivity reasons).
I understand a free tool may need to be limited, does Veeam has a tool for personal backups which allows such multiple backup jobs, at a reasonable price for personal use?
p.demoura
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Paulo de Moura

[MERGED] Feature Request: Multiple e-mail notification recei

Post by p.demoura »

Hello team

It would be very helpful if in Windows Agent it would be possible to enter multiple notification receivers in settings mail notification dialog.

Kind regrds
From Heidiland
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Feature Request: Multiple e-mail notification receiver

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for the feature request! Please take a look at the existing topic for the answer.