Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mandeep.s
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mandeep Singh

Previous full backup chain transformation failed

Post by mandeep.s »

Hi everyone,

M getting this error for one of the backup jobs " Previous full backup chain transformation failed Error: Not transformed OIB was not found"

The job is set to do an incremental backup everyday of the week with a synthetic full + transformation into rollbacks on Saturday.

Thanks
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Previous full backup chain transformation failed

Post by Mike Resseler »

Mandeep,

I would suggest to create a support case for this. Post the case ID here and keep us informed of how it goes.

Thanks
Mike
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Mandeep,

While you are waiting for the investigation by the support team, I would recommend you to perform Active Full run (to be sure that you have consistent full backup file).
Please include your support ID, otherwise this post will be removed by moderators.

Thanks!
lando_uk
Veteran
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Mark

Post by lando_uk »

I've had this twice since updating to 9.5. - Just this weekend in fact. I have fixed with a active full on one job, and will fix the other tomorrow. Is this a bug or something we need to know about?
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Mark,

This is not a bug. Broken backup chain can be result of a different error during the backup process.
New active full is starting new, separate backup chain without fixing your issue on a previously broken chain.

Do not hesitate to contact the support team for investigation of the original issue.

Thanks!
lando_uk
Veteran
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Mark

Post by lando_uk »

There's another recent thread with the same error. Seems like a few people are experiencing this since upgrading to 9.5, is there an issue with some pre-9.5 files when transforming? I upgraded on 18th Jan and I only keep one month, so once I hit 18th Feb all my files will be created on 9.5 so hopefully I wont see this again.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

There are currently no known issues, and definitely nothing wide-spread considering that 9.5 has been downloaded over 125000 times by now, which is why the only thing we can suggest is to have our devs investigate any such occurrences closely.
mandeep.s
Service Provider
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mandeep Singh

Post by mandeep.s »

Just did some more research and I found that the repository did not have enough space to create a new synthetic full; Just needed to clear enough space and it works now.

Sorry I did not raise a support case for it.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

You still can if you want to :-)
nosaj
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by nosaj »

I've had this twice since updating to 9.5. - Just this weekend in fact. I have fixed with a active full on one job, and will fix the other tomorrow. Is this a bug or something we need to know about?
Just registered to support this claim - actually found this thread by googling: Previous full backup chain transformation failed Error: Not transformed OIB was not found. CreationTime

This was not an issue in 9.0, and cropped up the night after we upgraded to 9.5 Update 1, which is the first time this job ran post-upgrade.

There are over 3 TB free in the repo, and I'm running an Active Full now. If that doesn't work, I'll open a support case.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Nosaj,

As Gostev above stated. As long as there are no support calls, our DEVs won't be able to investigate so... :-)
nosaj
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by nosaj »

Hey Mike,

Good point. Just spoke with someone at Veeam as I registered an account recently, going to work through that channel and provide additional feedback.

The one unknown is if backups prior to that date broke completely, or only those that failed while the error was present. Not a huge deal for us as our retention period is lower, but good for other customers to be aware of.

Either way, we'll know more soonish.

Thanks!
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Nosaj,

Do you have a support case ID for it? Please post it here and the follow-up also! Then we will all know soonish :-)