Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
koreym
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Korey McKinley

Monitoring for Service Providers

Post by koreym »

Hello, we currently have 1 Cloud Connect (hosted in our network, not Azure) server that we accept cloud backup copies from several customers. I attempted to use the Veeam Managed Backup Portal only to install the agent on our customer's backup servers for reporting purposes.

It worked for a while, then had some issues. Was told to re-install the portal by support, then was told that VMBP has to be running on the Cloud Connect server which doesnt make sense to me as our Cloud Connect server is in our environment and from what I can tell, VMBP can only be installed in Azure let alone it was working before.

Basically, I am looking for the best way to monitor our remote client's backups the easiest. As of now, we are only able to get get their reports via email. I'd like a central console where I can log into and see the status of all our customer's backups. What is the best way to do so?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Monitoring for Service Providers

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Korey,

First, welcome to the forums!

To answer your question, at this stage VAC (the new name for VMBP) will give you what you need. And actually, VMBP installed on-prem can deliver that also.

Best you can do is request access to the service provider forum where these things get discussed constantly.

Thanks
Mike
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Korney,
as we are on Veeam ONE subforum, I suppose you are using it as well.
There are predefined reports as well as real time monitoring for service providers.
Have you checked it?
Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Korey, what was your support case ID? Want to review what was the problem with VMBP.