elwood
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Eliot Wood

Cross domain monitoring with HyperV cluster

Post by elwood »

Hi,
Wonder if I can get some advice -
I'm running a VeeamOne installation on a platform, and trying to monitor hosts in another platform which fall under a different domain name.
VeeamOne monitor is installed in domainB.com. Conditional forwarding is set up for DNS resolution.
I am able to add the Failover Cluster, and am authenticating against a domain account created on domainA.com, which is also added to local administrators of the hosts.
The server appears, and I can drill down and see it's cluster resources, hosted VMs and can see memory, CPU, network utilisation etc. For all intents and purposes, it seems to be working properly.
However, each of the hosts themselves list a bad password error in Alarms and when checking the events log of the host, it's trying to authenticate to the hosts with the veeam service account, and domainB instead of domainA. I'm seeing Event ID 4645 with a null SID from the wrong domain.
Any thoughts on how I should set this up cross-domain ?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Cross domain monitoring with HyperV cluster

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Eliot,

It seems like everything is set up properly, since you see all the data in the Veeam ONE Client. Do you monitor guest OS disks too for the VMs hosted in another domain?

Thanks!
elwood
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Eliot Wood

Post by elwood »

Hi,

Not yet - it's a greenfields deployment.
Best I log a support ticket then? I'm stumped.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, maybe service account is not using the correct domain in its calls. Please let me know your case ID, once you open a case. I will share it with the dev team.