Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
aaron@ARB
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: ARBCorporationPtyLtd

GUI Update Lag / Incorrectness

Post by aaron@ARB »

Hi all,

Does anyone else have the same issue where the GUI lags behind 'reality' and gets itself confused? Take this for example, I loaded some tapes into our library. I then select 'the 'Online' option the gui has itself confused as to the name / location of tapes (look at say for example there are 2 slot 5's showing and its showing an old entry for slot 9 (there was/is nothing loaded in slot 9)

if i click to offline and then back to online, it works itself out

This happens quite regularly and is not an issolated incident. some times it takes 2 times for it to sort itself out. Worth nothing here that the library itself does not have any issues in its representation of the inventory, it shows the correct information from the outset. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: GUI Update Lag / Incorrectness

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Aaron,

Actually, I am not aware of this issue. Can you "reproduce" it easily? In that case, I would find it very helpful for us to create a support case so that this can be looked at. Might be a small UI bug

If it is easily reproducible, can you "close the UI", start it again and see if that fixes it?

Let me know your thoughts
Mike
aaron@ARB
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: ARBCorporationPtyLtd

Post by aaron@ARB »

hi Mike,

i wouldn't say it's 'easily' reproducible but it happens with enough regularity that I took the time to let you know. I reckon I would see it 1 out of 4 times I load tapes (which i do once a week).

Next time I load tapes ill see if it does it. I'm just used to it now so it may happen more than I think :).

Either way, at least I have a screenshot of it so that you can see that I am not telling porkies :).

Cheers,
Aaron
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Thanks Aaron for willing to do this the next time. After that, I still would suggest to go to support. If this indeed is a bug, it needs to go through support and they need to work with R&D then to figure out what is happening.

Again, thanks!
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for sharing. If I am not mistaken VBR views periodically refresh themselves and when you switch the view it performs refresh automatically. Can you clarify, was incorrect info displayed right after you performed clicked the Online media view?