Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
pvk
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Pieter van Kampen

Retention -feedback

Post by pvk » 1 person likes this post

I just installed Veeam Endpoint Free for use with Backup And Replication. It mostly went smoothly, I found one issue that I will submit through the support channels.
The product features are great, the UI is clean an simple to use.

One feedback though. You can only specify days for the retention period. You have made this days on, which is good.
However, I find it useful to keep one backup a month, for say a year. That enables me always to go back a longer time to retrieve something before an error occurred.

You would keep the last backup in the day set, for a month, than add the last day backup as a new monthly backup.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Retention -feedback

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Pieter

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciated and your request is counted as a vote!

A follow-up question: Are you saving the backups on a Veeam Backup & Replication repository? In that case you would be able to achieve this through a backup copy job
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Retention -feedback

Post by Dima P. »

Another option might be to create a standalone full backup manually whenever you need it :wink: