Retention -feedback

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Retention -feedback

Veeam Logoby pvk » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:15 pm 1 person likes this post

I just installed Veeam Endpoint Free for use with Backup And Replication. It mostly went smoothly, I found one issue that I will submit through the support channels.
The product features are great, the UI is clean an simple to use.

One feedback though. You can only specify days for the retention period. You have made this days on, which is good.
However, I find it useful to keep one backup a month, for say a year. That enables me always to go back a longer time to retrieve something before an error occurred.

You would keep the last backup in the day set, for a month, than add the last day backup as a new monthly backup.
pvk
Lurker

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Pieter van Kampen

Re: Retention -feedback

Veeam Logoby Mike Resseler » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:13 am

Hi Pieter

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciated and your request is counted as a vote!

A follow-up question: Are you saving the backups on a Veeam Backup & Replication repository? In that case you would be able to achieve this through a backup copy job
Mike Resseler
Veeam Software

Liked: 354 times
Location: Belgium, the land of the fries, the beer, the chocolate and the diamonds...
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Retention -feedback

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

Another option might be to create a standalone full backup manually whenever you need it :wink:
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 421 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows