Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
michaelryancook
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Michael Cook

Evacuation of SOBR extent question

Post by michaelryancook »

I am evacuating an extent in an SOBR. I was expecting Veeam to use multiple extents as the target but it appears to select only one. The SOBR policy is set to performance. Am I misunderstanding something concerning the evacuation process?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Evacuation of SOBR extent question

Post by foggy »

Hi Michael, are you evacuating extent where full backups reside? Basically, evacuation uses the same logic as backup jobs, so the policy should be respected. However, there's a known issue where on evacuating extent with full backups, they could be placed on the same extent, where corresponding increments are already located. Among other reasons for the observed behavior are insufficient space on other extents to meet the performance policy or extent unavailability.
michaelryancook
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Michael Cook

Post by michaelryancook » 1 person likes this post

Hi Foggy. Thank you for the reply. There were full backups on these extents. That may have been the cause. Space was sufficient. I was hoping evacuation may have helped me balance my data across some new extents. I ended up moving the files manually and rescanning.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, this seems to be it. This issue is going to be addressed in the next version.