Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
vikassi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jackson Johnson

SMTP Notification - Job Failed - No Notification

Post by vikassi »

Hello,

I have a B&R job that includes 8 servers. All servers backed up just fine, except for 1 server. I have SMTP notifications configured for both warning and failure. I can test the SMTP notification and we receive it, no problem. We did not receive notification that 1 server failed in the B&R job. Does anyone know why something like this would occur? The backup had failed for 3 days and our manual backup check process caught it.

Thanks for any help you may provide!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: SMTP Notification - Job Failed - No Notification

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Do you have "Suppress until the last retry" option enabled in email notififcation settings? If so then what settings for retries do you have configured in the job?

Thanks
vikassi
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jackson Johnson

Post by vikassi »

So I did a bit more digging and found something. I do have global notifications set for SMTP notification, but it appears you need to setup additional notifications in each desperate job, individually? These were not setup at all. There is an option to use "global notification settings" within each job you have setup and configured in B&R. I had just assumed, setting up the global SMTP, under File > General Options > Email Settings, would send an email on all failed jobs. Is this not the case? Each individual job must have the "enable email notifications" setup as well?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide » 1 person likes this post

Each individual job must have the "enable email notifications" setup as well?
That's correct. In the job settings you can specify what SMTP settings to use: global (General Options) or job-specific.

Thank you
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Jackson,

In addition to what Pavel said. You can do this once and then save it as a default: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95

Cheers
Mike