Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
garybelanger
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Gary Belanger

Customize Global Free Disk Space Notification

Post by garybelanger »

Hi,

Is there a way to customize the Global setting for Notifications when Production Datastores are below a % of free space?

I currently have 1 backup job that backs up several VM's located on different datastores. 1 VM that is located on 1 of the several datastores that this job backs up is below the 8% global setting for free space warning. It is always going to be below 8% and the other datastores that this 1 job goes onto to backup other VM's are all above the 8%. It would be nice to be able to go in to either the Global Notification setting or in the 1 job and say that I no longer want to receive a warning about this 1 datastore that it is below the 8%. I would like to have an option or multiple options somewhere that would allow me to:

1. exclude this datastore from sending me warnings
2. offer a different % before warning again
3. acknowledge the warning and if the % goes lower than what it has previously warned, then notify me again, but if not, no more warning
4. allow for individual % setting for each datastore that any backup jobs may backup
5. allow for warning to be only if there is a drop in the previously recorded datastore free space size that was recorded in the previous backup

I know that the majority, if not all, are not available, but if at least one of these options is currently available, please let me know how to do this.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Customize Global Free Disk Space Notification

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Gary,

If you need to change the global setting, then please use these instructions > Low Disk Space Notification

Thanks!
garybelanger
Influencer

Post by garybelanger »

Hi,

Thank you for the information, but I already know about this setting as it is a Global setting for all datastores that all backup jobs use. I would like a feature upgrade if this is what is required to be able to customize this Global low disk space option based on the options I specified in the original posting.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ah...sorry, I must have missed that fact. Thanks for the FR then, but if you really want to have all the options above, then it must be done in the monitoring product which we already have. Please take a look at Veeam ONE FREE that monitors datastore free space and can warn you whenever the desired threshold is breached. You can set thresholds for individual datastores too.
garybelanger
Influencer

Post by garybelanger »

Hi,

Then if you won't implement all of the features because this is already available in Veeam ONE free, then at least one feature request in Veeam Backup and Replication so that you can tell the Job to ignore the Warning from that one Datastore in the job from this point on.

Like I mentioned, we have 1 Job solely to backup roughly 10 servers which are on 10 different Datastores and each of the Datastores has their own levels, but I set the Global Disk Space to 8% and only 1 Datastore is below this threshold and we get a warning each Day after this backup. It would be nice to be able to tell Veeam to ignore this warning for this Datastore.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ok, thanks for the feedback on this too.
HansA
Service Provider
Full Name: Hans Ashman

Post by HansA »

We too would like a feature that would allow this to be adjusted. Ideally per job under the "Storage" section's "Advanced Settings" (where we can already override some global settings). Our environment has many different sized datastores and what may seem like a dangerous level in one is not in another (10% of 100GB is far less than 10% of 10TB).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Thanks, Hans. Have you looked at the Veeam ONE solution for this purpose?