Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
tacioandrade
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Tácio Andrade

Is the RTM version already the production version?

Post by tacioandrade »

Good night, I saw now that the RTM version of Veam Agent for Windows 2.0 came out, but one question, would RTM be like Release Candidate or is it already the final version that can begin to be used in homologation and production? It's just that I'm not used to the naming of versions of Veeam products.

Sincerely, Tácio Andrade.
frankive
Service Provider
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: Frank Iversen

Re: Is the RTM version already the production version?

Post by frankive »

+1

Will it be upgraded to GA automagically?
AlexLeadingEdge
Veteran
Liked: 58 times

Post by AlexLeadingEdge »

I suspect that no, it won't. Having the Beta running already, today I tried to run the installer for the RTM and it says that the Beta must be uninstalled before the RTM can be installed.

What I want to know: Starting a backup after installing the RTM, I see it has made an incremental based off of the last Beta incremental. Will I be able to restore with these two different backup versions or should I blow all my backups away and do a full backup just to be on the safe side?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

All, please read the sticky announcement topic carefully, as it answers both questions.
1. GA may not be the same build as RTM in case major unexpected issues are reported by early adopters. Sometimes RTM becomes GA, other times we have the new GA build.
2. If you were running beta, you should make a clean install.

Big difference between BETA/RC builds and RTM build is that the latter is fully supported by our technical support.
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1177 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Post by nielsengelen »

frankive wrote:+1

Will it be upgraded to GA automagically?
If not then it will be a minor update to apply.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
tacioandrade
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Tácio Andrade

Post by tacioandrade »

Gostev wrote:All, please read the sticky announcement topic carefully, as it answers both questions.
1. GA may not be the same build as RTM in case major unexpected issues are reported by early adopters. Sometimes RTM becomes GA, other times we have the new GA build.
2. If you were running beta, you should make a clean install.

Big difference between BETA/RC builds and RTM build is that the latter is fully supported by our technical support.
I understood now, sorry for the unnecessary topic ..... Apparently in a few weeks will leave the final version, so better wait until it leaves before ratification and production.

I say this because I already have Endpoint 1.5 running in an environment and I can only change it when I go to a final version.

Sincerely, Tácio Andrade.