Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
hunga
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Hung Nguyen

Tandberg T40+ and Veeam B&R 9.0.0.902

Post by hunga »

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering problems trying to get a Tandberg T40+ autoloader to work on a Windows Server 2012 R2 server running Veeam Backup and Replication V9.0.0.902.

I've downloaded the drivers from the Tandberg site and installed them, Veeam sometimes picks up the library but is unable to inventory any tapes and just drops off/goes offline. In device manager, nothing is showing up under Tape Devices, at one stage it was showing HP LTO6 Tape Drive or something along those lines.

The library is connected to the server via a QLogic QLE2560 FC HBA card. The firmware on all devices including this card are up to date, and so are the drivers. The below is showing up in device manager. Do I need the install_nonexclusive.exe driver like some other libraries do? (was using a Dell PowerVault TL2000 previously).

http://imgur.com/a/hVW18

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tandberg T40+ and Veeam B&R 9.0.0.902

Post by Dima P. »

Hi hunga,

According to the screenshot you don’t have tape drive drivers installed (or they are not properly connected to your Windows server). Check the drives state in Tandberg console and try to install the drivers on top of your Windows server.
hunga
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Hung Nguyen

Re: Tandberg T40+ and Veeam B&R 9.0.0.902

Post by hunga »

Hi Dima,

Thanks for your help.

The driver is definitely installed, have tried several as well.. it's quite odd.