Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
Mr Dudeman
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Dartnell

Getting stuck when following instructions in KB1934

Post by Mr Dudeman »

Hi All,

I am attempting to follow the instructions in https://www.veeam.com/kb1934, but am getting stuck at the bullet point 'Run sc stop VeeamFCT, in an elevated command prompt, on each Hyper-V host in the cluster to ensure the CBT service is stopped'. Instead of completing correctly, one of the hosts in my Hyper-V Cluster is returning the following -

How can I work out what is going on with this particular VEEAM service? I have opened Services, but can only see those shown below -

On a 'healthy' VEEAM host I get a completely different result when running the recommended command -

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Mr Dudeman
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: David Dartnell

Re: Getting stuck when following instructions in KB1934

Post by Mr Dudeman »

Hi All,

It seems that the instructions in their present order do not work in my environment.

By deselecting 'Disable changed block tracking for this host (not recommended)' the 'VEEAM FCT' service is terminated on the selected Volume, and subsequently cannot be turned off on the host.

The correct process may be to reverse the top two points; at any rate first disabling the service (VEEAM FCT) on the host, and then deselecting the option in the GUI I had a favourable outcome.

Kind Regards,

Davo
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Getting stuck when following instructions in KB1934

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Davo,

For my understanding (from your last point). By not using that checkbox you got the procedure working and things are fixed now? Is that correct?