Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
john.brodhurst

Stuck "Resolving default settings" when editing replication

Post by john.brodhurst »

Following a VMware upgrade from Windows vCenter Server 5.5 to vCSA 6.0, and the use of the excellent Veeam vCenter Migration Tool, I need to update (remap) the replicas. I can't edit them though, as each time I try to modify the job it displays the 'resolving default settings' box and goes no further. I have left it for around 30 minutes with no change, restarted the Veeam server, updated to U2 and still no success. Each time this happens, I have to force-close the Veeam console before I can do anything else - though I probably could open a new instance of the console I must admit I haven't tried that yet.

Does anyone have an idea how I can resolve this?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Stuck "Resolving default settings" when editing replicat

Post by foggy »

John, please contact technical support, logs should tell what it is doing all this time.
john.brodhurst

Re: Stuck "Resolving default settings" when editing replicat

Post by john.brodhurst »

Wilco. I just hoped there'd be a quick (if non-obvious) answer. Thanks for the speedy response.

Edit: I've just waited a little longer and there was a message box warning that it couldn't connect to the old vCenter server which popped up underneath the Veeam console. That makes sense, as the vC is now offline!