Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
christiankelly
Service Provider
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Christian Kelly

Issues after setting scale-out repos into maintenance mode

Post by christiankelly »

Has anyone seen an issue after setting repos in and out of maintenance mode with copy jobs failing saying they are still in maintenance mode?

I took 2 repositories down while no copy jobs were active and then took them out of maintenance mode and I now have multiple jobs now failing with:
5/25/2016 1:38:38 AM :: Error: Extent 'SERVERNAME' is not accessible - it's in 'Maintenance' mode
when it's clearly not.

If I restart the jobs it completes without issue. It feels like a but that if the copy job was running when the extent went into MM when its ready to copy it still fails even when the repo is normal.

I'm going to open a ticket with Veeam but wanted to see if this is a known issue. (I'm on 9.0.0.1491)

Thanks,
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Issues after setting scale-out repos into maintenance mo

Post by Gostev »

No, this is not a known issue, Christian. Sounds like a possible bug though. Thanks!
another_robert
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Another

Post by another_robert »

Had the same thing happen to me. First I placed all servers in the repo to maintenance mode then rebooted the servers for another reason, came back in and removed the servers from maintenance mode.All looked good on the console and it showed everything good, the same night I had multiple Backpcopy failures. I went into the logs and noticed that the first command to place all servers into maintenance mode did not completely finish for 3 servers until 4am the next morning. witch tells me not to trust the icons on the repository. Better yet still since the placing the servers into maintenance mode did not finish until 4am the commands after to remove the servers from maintenance mode where then over written by the first command to place them back into maint mode. And today I yet again now have no servers showing in maintenance mode and had multiple backup copy failures showing servers in maintenance mode. Because of those same 3 servers.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Robert, please contact support for investigation.