Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dcampregher
Service Provider
Liked: 18 times
Full Name: Diogo Campregher

Sure Backup Job from repository

Post by dcampregher »

Hello,

If i copy the backup files from one Repository ( enviroment X ) to other Repository ( environment Y ) and Rescan it i can see the restore point under the Backups > Disk ( Imported ). So the question > Can i run a Sure Backupo Job from this restore points copied from from other environment ?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Sure Backup Job from repository

Post by foggy »

Hi Diogo, basically, you can, but a workaround is required: you need to create a dummy job and map it to the imported backups, so they could be available for Surebackup. Here's also another existing discussion regarding similar matter.
janschulenburg
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Jan Schulenburg

[MERGED] Veeam SureBackup using imported disks

Post by janschulenburg »

Hi,

I'm a, more or less, frequent SureBackup user. I'm using to test my backups are fully functional or to test upgrades. I now have an issue where a server is giving a Java error after a restart and a restore from a previous version of that server has the same error. I've tested the same within the SureBackup environment (1 AD server, 1 SQL server and that specific server with an issue) and again the same java problem. Since the backup storage is limited I'm only able to go a few weeks back. I do, however, have copies of full backups (3 x full month backup and 3 x quarter backup) to an 3rd tier storage from which I can import them into the Veeam Backups (Disk imported).

I then tried to start the SureBackup with the imported disk (all from the same backup window/date) but I can't choose that date to start the SureBackup from?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Sure Backup Job from repository

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Jan.

I have merged your post into existing thread.

Nowadays it is possible to add backups from Disk(Imported) node to an Application Group which could be later selected with SureBackup Job.
"Start To..." option also works with those, and you can choose a point in time where we will try to find most recent restore point to use for testing.

/Thanks!