Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
omfk
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Frank Knappe

Seed Backup with VAW

Post by omfk »

Hello,

is the procedure described in veeam-agent-for-windows-f33/backup-seed ... ml#p191292 still the way to go for importing a backup from a local external hdd to a VBR repository?
VAW 2.0.0.700
VBR 9.5.0.1038

BR
Frank
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1262 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Seed Backup with VAW

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi Frank,

I haven't tested it but I believe it does. VBR indeed needs to be .1038 (update 2).

You can always (to be sure) contact support as they will have this procedure (if it still is the same). In that case you can post the case ID and the procedure here and make lots of people happy ;-)

Cheers
Mike
simplicity
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Rick Baranowski

Post by simplicity »

It should. See my notes on our process. see veeam-agent-for-windows-f33/feature-req ... ml#p243414

This is for the cloud connect but when we tested both VBR and cloud connect with VAW during the beta we ended up the same issue on both until the final release we just have not test a VBR seed but from what we gathered it should be the same.
omfk
Expert
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: Frank Knappe

Post by omfk »

Mike Resseler wrote:Hi Frank,

I haven't tested it but I believe it does. VBR indeed needs to be .1038 (update 2).

You can always (to be sure) contact support as they will have this procedure (if it still is the same). In that case you can post the case ID and the procedure here and make lots of people happy ;-)

Cheers
Mike
I'm still working on it (see separate thread veeam-agent-for-windows-f33/vaw-free-an ... 43079.html) and will share the info.

BR
Frank
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1566 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

The described procedure is fully supported. Just don't forget to perform a rescan on VBR repository prior running VAW backup job.

P.S. Rescan is also required for Veeam Cloud Connect repository.