Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
rntguy
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rnt Guy

How to install trial license

Post by rntguy »

Hello,

We use VB&R, paid license. Trying to demo the agent for windows. The install used a free license. We got the trial key for either workstation or server, not sure but can't figure out where to install that license. I tried in the main VB&R license portal but said couldn't 'combine' licenses.

Hope this isn't a dumb question.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: How to install trial license

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi,

If you are pointing VAW backups to a VBR repository you can't mix free agents with paid versions. In this part of the documentation you should be able to find how you can manage and install your license through VBR: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20

Let us know if that doesn't work

Thanks
Mike
rntguy
Enthusiast

Post by rntguy »

Hi, we are a managed service provider using a 'rental' type with enterprise edition. I went to install the license in VB&R and got back "Unable to combine licenses. please contact your sales representative"
rntguy
Enthusiast

Post by rntguy »

It might be because the installed license was sent to my boss who sent it to me and has his name on it and the trial has my info tied to it. I'm going to try and get in touch with our sales guy.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Yeah, that might be best. I am not sure how a combination of rental licensing and trial licensing is going to work (if it actually will work at all...)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, there is a knowing issue: trial agent license cannot be combined with rental Veeam B&R license. We are going to fix it in the upcoming update, meanwhile it should be possible to request a valid rental license via promo or setup a separate Veeam B&R FREE instance for agent license.
Pat490
Expert
Liked: 29 times
Full Name: Patrick

Post by Pat490 »

Mike Resseler wrote:Hi,

If you are pointing VAW backups to a VBR repository you can't mix free agents with paid versions. In this part of the documentation you should be able to find how you can manage and install your license through VBR: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=20

Let us know if that doesn't work

Thanks
Mike
But if all VAW endpoints are in free mode, than we can still backup to paid VBR repository, right? can we mix VEB and VAW?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

If all VAW endpoints are in free mode then you can indeed target a paid VBR repository. However, mixing VEB and VAW is not possible because we had to make some logic changes in VBR to support VAW
Pat490
Expert
Liked: 29 times
Full Name: Patrick

Post by Pat490 »

ok thanks