Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
brenrich101
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Brendan Richman

Re: Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Post by brenrich101 »

Backing up to multiple destinations is also a must for us.

In our usage scenario, we have 2x NAS drives in different physical locations in our business, as well as a USB connected directly to the server. We would ideally like to set up individual jobs for each destination to do an incremental backup every night.
James99
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: James Alston

Post by James99 »

Another upvote for this feature, thanks for listening.

I've been using VEB for a few months now on a single PC and extremely happy with it (previous Acronis user). I do daily backups of my system locally. I would like to add another job that backups up the most important subset of data to a cloud service. I can't practically backup the whole system to the cloud as it is too big.

For me, having multiple jobs is the reason I would pay for a Veeam application. Until then, personally, I will continue using the free version.

I understand that multiple jobs will be in a future release of VAW so that is good news.

--
James
mephisto
Expert
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Mephisto poa

Post by mephisto »

I would like to have different retentions and policies for each jobs.

One single job for system C: drive and then another schedule for data on other drives.

Different drivers have different retention policies
FECV
Enthusiast
Full Name: Frederick Cooper V

Post by FECV »

My hope is that the multiple jobs option that is planned for a future release would allow completely separate settings as well. For example different drives to different locations including multiple B & R repositories. We have several servers where the attached storage has several 60TB volumes. (I like to keep my volumes less than 60TB for VSS). Anyway backing up the entire server would require close to 200TB of storage which i have, just not on a single B & R volume. Need to have a way to backup each volume to a different Veeam repository.
AndyH
Influencer

Post by AndyH »

Another vote from me.

I've got a large physical file server (35TB+) that I'm trying to backup using the agent to ExaGrid. The single job limit is causing me significant problems, as I can't send different volumes to different repositories. Also, a single massive backup file is ridiculously unwieldy.
rntguy
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rnt Guy

Post by rntguy »

another vote from me. customers have data on their server that needs separate destinations, some to the cloud, some not. for now i Have to have them deploy separate servers so they can tell some data to go to one place and other data to another just so I can deploy other veeam agents. :(
gulosito
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Carlos

Post by gulosito »

We need multiple jobs!!! please help us!!! ;-)))
SteveLevesque
Novice
Full Name: Steve Levesque

[MERGED] Feature request

Post by SteveLevesque »

I'd like to have possibility to have 2 differents Schedule/setting for backup. Ex.: One with "entire Backup" one a month (on a bigger drive), and one each days with "folder backup" (with smaller drive)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your requests. We recognize this feature as very demanded one, so there is a huge chance you will see this feature in next versions!
ChuckS42
Expert
Liked: 27 times
Full Name: Chuck Stevens

Post by ChuckS42 »

I really (and I mean REALLY) need to be able to create a VAW job with a custom name. I'm using this functionality to migrate archive backups from another product, and need to be able to easily find the old backups. A Backup Copy job isn't going to cut it.
Veeaming since 2013
Kellen.Flood
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Kellen Flood

Post by Kellen.Flood »

+1 on Multiple jobs for large servers
farhan1987
Service Provider
Full Name: Farhan Sheikh

[MERGED] multiple backups

Post by farhan1987 »

Case Number: 02256964

Hi,

Can I take multiple backups from single machine using CC or VAW ?

I want to backup my complete server (Entire Computer) monthly once, and backup a few folders on a regular basis as daily incremental.

Can I achieve this using VAW or CC ?

Please note this is a physical computer.

Regards,
Farhan
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

This functionality currently is not part of Veeam Agent for Windows 2.0. Please review the thread for more info.
ckuperstein
Novice
Full Name: Chris Kuperstein

Post by ckuperstein »

This is a HUGE issue for our customers.

Problem #1) Mapping a seed for backup copy job is not possible for VAW to cloud connect repo through a customer's local VBR. Okay, so let's seed it anyways and just point their VAW to our CC repo.

Problem #2) VAW can't backup to more than one location.

Okay... So what the hell guys...

If you claim to follow best practice with your backup solutions in a 3-2-1 redundancy guideline, how is Veeam Agent for Windows accomplishing that goal? It can't!

Customer wants a copy of their bare metal server backed up to their local repository as well as our hosted cloud repository. Their data size on this BMS is huge and cannot be pushed over the WAN within acceptable/feasible windows of time. Can't seed it because of "technical limitations" and can't workaround it by configuring two direct backup jobs to each site because VAW can't do more than 1 job at a time (which is ridiculous by today's standards)

How is this not a red flag/showstopper for some people? Awesome, Veeam works great if you have a pristine and perfect vSphere or Hyper-V cluster with DRS, otherwise, you're SOL on being able to set up a redundant backup solution.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Chris,

We do realize the importance of these features and, as stated in this thread, we plan to implement them soon.
Can't seed it because of "technical limitations"
Thats true only for backup copy. You can seed/map agent backup file created locally (usb/local drive) to a cloud connect repository or Veeam B&R repository.
evgk
Lurker

Feature Request - Multiple Jobs

Post by evgk »

Hi,

I possible need multiple jobs too. I have both business and personal data on my laptop and I want to backup them in different ways.
Business data: backup on office NAS (while being at office), no encryption (to ensure they can restore data without me).
Personal data: backup on removable storage (while being at home), enable encryption (to ensure nobody but me can access them).

Evgeny.
john510
Influencer

[MERGED] Feature Request - Backup multiple jobs

Post by john510 »

Using Veeam Agent for Microsoft windows 2.0.0.700
It would be nice to have a Feature to allow Multiple backups .
Currently we are only allowed a single backup task it would be great to add multiple tasks..

Please consider this.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks,

Thanks for your requests!

Please keep in mind that latest version of Veeam B&R provides you the option to create multiple managed by backup server jobs for server protection. If you are looking for a way to centrally manage multiple agents and create multiple jobs, feel free to test Veeam B&R 9.5 Update 3 and share the results of your testing with the community.
varora
Lurker
Full Name: Varun Arora

[MERGED] Multiple Backup Locations

Post by varora »

I wanted to put in a request to support multiple backup jobs, backup to a local rotated USB storage device as well as backup to a Backup & Replication managed repository. We have to have this in place for compliance purposes but it breaks my scheduler then. Each time someone runs a backup job to a local attached storage, the job is modified which breaks the job that was scheduled to backup to a managed repository. I'm having to baby sit this every week. I hope this feature gets added to Veeam Agent for Windows.
Dima P.
Product Manager

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community,

Thank you for your request! I've merged your request to existing discussion.
varora
Lurker
Full Name: Varun Arora

Post by varora »

Dima,

Thank you for your quick reply. Looks like I'm not the only one with this type of request. Do you know if this feature will be rolled out anytime soon?
FECV
Enthusiast
Full Name: Frederick Cooper V

Post by FECV »

Well the new functionality in update 3 may work for many of the scenarios given as reasons for the needed functionality, but for the more secure folks that require two factor logons this does not work for any instances where application aware integration is needed. See thread veeam-backup-replication-f2/application ... 45273.html. Not there yet, but a step in the right direction. Glad i tested it before pushing new managed jobs out to my agents from the console.
john510
Influencer

Post by john510 »

I'm all in for the request for Multiple backup jobs! This would be one of the Best features you possibly could add!

Pleaty Please?
DannyMurphy
Influencer
Full Name: Danny Murphy

Post by DannyMurphy »

Hi. Is there an update as to when the agent will be able to backup to local storage and then backup to cloud connect?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Danny,

I cannot give you any timeline but this request is very popular and we will count your vote.

For all, it would be interesting to tell us your use-case scenario's for multiple jobs (some of you already did, many thanks for that)

Cheers
Mike
DannyMurphy
Influencer
Full Name: Danny Murphy

Post by DannyMurphy »

Hi Mike,

Our use cases are below:

Backup data to USB weekly for a long retention of essentially an archive, and to NAS daily for GFS
Copy Job daily to cloud connect provider (which we are waiting on the multiple jobs before we can start selling)
hkinformatik
Lurker
Full Name: Jerome Scheidegger

Post by hkinformatik »

Hi

Yes, we want multiple backup locations, especially in combination with Cloud Connect.

We have a lot of small clients that do not have Veeam Backup&Replication and only use Agent for Windows. We do mainly sell Veeam Cloud Connect as a backup location but I would prefer to also backup to a USB HDD or NAS. or all 3.

I think this is a must-have feature and I do not really understand why it needs so much convincing since all good Backup Software on the market offer something like that.

I really hope you can make this work as soon as possible. Thanks.

best regards

Jerome
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

@Danny, thanks for the use-case

@Jerome: First: Welcome to the forums

Second: It is not about the convincing. I think we are convinced :-). The reason we ask for use-case is because all the different ones gives us food for thought on how to implement it and what is being considered important with multiple jobs ;-)
nitramd
Veteran
Liked: 85 times

Post by nitramd »

I would love to have the ability to use multiple B&R consoles to backup physical servers.

Example:
B&R console One backs up physical servers via forward incrementals and weekly fulls.

B&R console Two backs up the same physical servers with a weekly active full and then copies the backups to tape.

Use case: need to have air gapped active full backups.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi nitramd,

Thanks for your use-case. Instead of that scenario, isn't it possible for you to do the backups via forward incrementals and weekly fulls and then do a backup copy job to tape? In your use-case you will hit the production server twice with a backup. (Just asking out of curiosity ;-))