Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Isolated Network VM backupable?

Post by foggy »

RubinCompServ wrote:FYI, I believe that, if you've renamed the built-in Administrator account, you can still use that account to bypass the UAC issues. It's not about the name of the account but the GUID of the account, and that doesn't change when the account is renamed.
That's correct. Renamed built-in administrator account still can be used to bypass UAC.
btmaus
Expert
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Glenn L

[MERGED] Applicaiton-aware processing with Storage Snapshots

Post by btmaus »

Hi all,

At the moment I have Veeam Enterprise licensing and I am thinking about upgrading to Enterprise Plus for backups with storage snapshots capability.

I want to know if backing up virtual machines in VMware using storage snapshots, will be application-aware if the virtual machines are in different networks where there are no Veeam services in that network? e.g. I have network A where the Veeam Backup Server and Veeam Proxy servers are, and then network B which is "secure" with no access to network A, but still on the same VMware hosts.

Thanks
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Applicaiton-aware processing backup with Storage Snapsho

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Glenn,

Yes, you can get an application-aware backup, even if VMs have no network connection to the backup server.
Also, keep in mind you should use the built-in administrator account for VSS quiescence through VIX.
Please review this existing thread for additional information. Thanks!
btmaus
Expert
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Glenn L

Post by btmaus »

Ok, so with using storage snapshots they will be application aware backups then?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Correct, as long as you enable application aware image processing in the backup job settings.