Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Magus2300
Lurker
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Will Parga

[Feature Request] Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

Post by Magus2300 » 2 people like this post

Hi! I've just recently started using the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows v2.0.0.700. It works great as is, but it's lacking in quite a few key features. Here are some features you can add to significantly improve it:
  • 1. The ability to deploy the agent to target computers from the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
    2. The ability to create and manage backup jobs for computers running the Agent the same way you already can for VMs (such as the ability to create one job that backs up multiple computers).
    3. The ability to rename Agent backup jobs however you like, from the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
    4. The ability to manage Agent backup settings from the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
    5. The ability to set Agents to backup to a Secondary Target (i.e. create backup copies) the same way you already can for VMs.
Essentially what I'm requesting is for Agent-based backups to function in all ways, the same as backups done for VMs. That way, from a person using the Veeam Backup & Replication console's perspective, in terms of configuration or usage, there should be no difference between VM backups and Agent-based backups. Doing this would go a LONG way to making the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows combined with Veeam Backup & Replication for VMs, the one backup solution to rule them all.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [Feature Request] Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Magus2300,

Thanks for your feedback. We planning to add/enhance mentioned functionality for sure. Stay tuned for the public announcements :wink:
anelson
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Alan Nelson

Re: [Feature Request] Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

Post by anelson »

I would like to second the original poster's request.

I am evaluating Veeam as a replacement for BackupExec, and it is missing some important functionality. The ability to create multiple backup jobs for a physical computer is very important: we need to back up our accounting data before and after running end-of-period updates every month. Currently, I don't see a way to do this using VAW on a physical server. If the data was on a VM, I think I could create separate jobs to back up the required data using Backup & Replication but I don't see a way to do it on the physical server with VAW.