Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
gct_mf
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

VAW 2.0 Cant Change License -> is managed by VBR

Post by gct_mf »

Hello,

I want to install VAW via a script. Installation works and via Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe i iported the License (Pro-Trial) and the configuration without errors. But now I get the following Message in VAW:
License and Edition managed by NAME_OF_MY_VBR_SERVER
an d when I try to Import the license again via console i get following error:
unable to change license because it is managed by veeam backup and replication server
What I'm doning wrong?

Thanks a lot
gct_mf
Influencer

Re: VAW 2.0 Cant Change License -> is managed by VBR

Post by gct_mf »

The Problem with this is. that it Show free licence but not the pro so i can't import the Backupconfiguration (was exported from a pro)

can i start the imported backupjob directly after importing via console?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler »

Hi gct_mf,

I assume you imported the license into VBR and you create a configuration with the configurator to point to a VBR repository? In that case, when VAW connects to the repository, a license will be assigned automatically.
Can you see in VBR that the VAW agent is assigned a license?
gct_mf
Influencer

Post by gct_mf »

Hi Mike
I didn't Import the Trial License for VAW 2.0 Pro to my VBR because I was afraid to verwrite the already present license ^^

I installed one test machine and imported to this machine the VAW Trial Pro license configured this Installation to point at VBR and exported this config via Veeam.Agent.Configurator.exe
Than I used a script on an other machine that:
- installs the VAW 2.0
- installs the license
- imports the configuration
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Since you've imported the config of the "paid" agent pointing to the VBR repository, that's why you see this message. You need to change the destination target to smth else, and then try to install the license key. Should do the trick.
gct_mf
Influencer

Post by gct_mf »

a ok after changing the path to something else the Workstation Licence was automatically selected again.
So i have to intsall the Workstation license to my VBR-Server? This doesn't overwrite my installed licenses on that Server?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Veeam backup agent license key does not overwrite Veeam B&R license, these are two separate keys. Please check out this page for more info > Installing License
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

So i have to intsall the Workstation license to my VBR-Server?
Actually, it depends on configuration you are distributing. If your backup target is Veeam repository agent license should be added to the VBR console (and yes it does not somehow affect existing VBR license).

If you plan to use any other backup location you should modify your config and point it to the desired location. Then via script you add license and import configuration.