Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mcbrineellis
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Connor McBrine-Ellis

Can't import Veeam Agent backups into VBR

Post by mcbrineellis »

Hey guys,

So I had a support case open (ID 02198000) regarding an issue I was having importing backups generated by the Veeam Agent for Windows and sent to my Veeam Cloud Connect provider server as a target.

As a sort of "poor man's DR" we had a POC with a customer which would involve us importing his backup from our VCC repo to another VBR server on our end, in case of emergency, and then restoring that backup to our vCloud Director environment.

The Veeam engineer told me:
I talked this over with our Agent for Windows team and they confirmed that we do not have a way to import the backups into a separate VBR server like we are currently attempting to do. This is the reason for the errors and why the import function is disappearing.

If you would like to see this functionality in future versions I would recommend making a post on our forums labeled as a feature request where our developers can let you know if this is already in the works or not.

Please let us know if you need anything else and/or if it is ok to close this case.

Thank you,
Jakob Cooney
Veeam Cloud Engineer
Will this ever be possible? Can anyone provide additional feedback as to why it's not currently possible? For sure the error should be a bit clearer.. imports would seem to work as there was no error message shown other than in the logs.. but then nothing would show up under "Backups".

Connor
Technogod
Expert
Liked: 26 times

Re: Can't import Veeam Agent backups into VBR

Post by Technogod » 1 person likes this post

Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Can't import Veeam Agent backups into VBR

Post by Dima P. »

Hi folks,

The provided information is incorrect – VAW supports automatic mapping to the original backup. In order to make it work you need to store backup files at the original path (just preserve the folder names while copying backup files and make rescan) A small correction - the link. Thanks.

P.S. I’ll let support team know that it works, sorry for that.